The CARE Coalition is always looking for volunteers to help us widen our impact.
If you are interested in volunteering, contact us at [email protected].
- Help distribute medication lock boxes and follow up (to hospice, pharmacies, senior meal sites, etc).
- Take a shift at Halloweenfest or Drug Takeback booth in Brevard on October 28.
- Take Transylvania CARES Pledge campaign to local businesses and organizations and government officials.
- Make sure to take photos of new partners!
- Support TAFFY with snacks.
- Attend Coalition events and trainings.
- Participate on a workgroup.
- Help arrange and speak or introduce staff at community presentations at service clubs, churches, community center meetings, etc.
- Distribute CARE informational materials at your workplace, church, doctors’ office, etc.
- Assist in retail alcohol seller good will visits.
- Be a spokesperson for the Coalition whenever possible- develop an “elevator” speech about what we do for the community.
Policy & Advocacy
- Attend County Commissioner meetings looking for issues and opportunities and needs the Coalition can address.
- Attend City of Brevard meetings looking for issues and opportunities and needs the Coalition can address.
- Help collect data needed by the Evaluation Committee.
- Attend local court proceedings to observe procedure and outcome of drug and alcohol cases.
- Join a work group.
Media & Design
- Promote CARE when you are on social media: Facebook, Instagram, and Snapchat.
- Take photos of coalition-related content and send to [email protected] for posting on social media.
- Drug-free fun!
- Bonding with your kids!
- Teens doing awesome stuff!
- Drug awareness and prevention media.
- New business partners who sign the pledge!
- Volunteer as a point person for local media outlets.
- Assist in website maintenance.
- Create graphics for flyers, billboards, and social media posts.